You will revalidate in the same way as doctors working within the NHS. You will have to participate in annual appraisal and will need to maintain a portfolio of supporting information to bring to your appraisals. You will also need to link to a Responsible Officer (RO) and confirm with the GMC your prescribed connection to a RO. If you work in public health, occupational medicine or pharmaceutical medicine, one of the three Faculties may be your designated body – please check with them. 

Independent organisations may not always conduct appraisals, in which case you should find alternative routes to an annual appraisal.  The Independent Doctors Federation has appointed a RO for doctors without a prescribed connection to a NHS RO.

The Federation of Independent Practitioner Organisations also offers an appraisal service.