The College is pleased to be able to recognise excellence through a number of grants, awards and scholarships which currently include:
- JMAS Sim Fellowship: funding research into depressive illness - open to any graduate in Medicine/Science.
- Lindsay Bequest and Reid Trust: funding research into mental and physical health - open to all.
- Myre Sim Fund: Bursaries - open to medical students of the University of Edinburgh; Research and Travel Grants - open to Fellows, Collegiate Members, Associate Members, and medical graduates of the University of Edinburgh.
Medals and Prizes
- Chiron Medal for excellence in teaching and training: open to consultants and SAS doctors.
- Clinical Lessons Prize: open to Medical Students, Foundation Year Members of the College, Collegiate members and Associate Members.
- College Journal Prize: sponsored by the College Senior Fellows Club - open to trainees.
- Croom Lecture Prize: open to Collegiate members of any UK Royal College of Physicians, resident in the UK.
- Cullen Medal for the greatest benefit to the practice of medicine: open to Fellows.
- William Cullen Prize for Excellence in Teaching or Service Innovation: delivered in partnership with Health Boards in Scotland.
- Global Health Prize: open to medical students and FY1 doctors.
- Myre Sim Collegiate Members Prize: open to Collegiate Members.
- Munro Medal for excellence in teaching: open to trainees, SAS doctors.
- Invitations to present endowed lectures at College symposia
Travelling Fellowships and Scholarships
- College/Winston Churchill Memorial Trust Travelling Fellowships: open to doctors in the UK.
- Scholarships to undertake College/University of Edinburgh online MSc in Internal Medicine: open to trainees in the UK and internationally.
- Brian Chapman Scholarship: open to international medical practitioners.
The College also makes nominations to the UK National honours system. If you would like to suggest a potential nominee please complete the form below and return to Elaine Tait by Thursday 27 April 2017.
The College is committed to supporting equality and diversity when recognising excellence and making awards. Please see the documents below for more information on this.