Student and Foundation Membership (FREE)
For Medical Students, Foundation Doctors and Physician Assistants
If you are a medical
student or young doctor at the start of postgraduate training or a physician assistant you can become a Student and Foundation Member of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh for FREE. This gives you the opportunity to understand the work of the College, to benefit from the on-line medical education available through the College website and to attend College educational events at a subsidised rate.
Student and Foundation Members can receive free benefits for up to 5 years or up to
no later than 2 years after obtaining their primary medical qualification
(whichever comes first).
Benefits of becoming a Student and Foundation Member include -
- free access to the online
- free access to our developing series of archived webstreamed
- preferential rates for attendance at the rolling programme of RCPE update symposia, covering general/acute medicine and the medical specialties
- free attendance at the annual Trainees & Members’ Symposium
- access to the secure section of the RCPE website, offering regular College news and items of interest to the profession
- access to the RCPE Historic Library, which hosts one of the most important medical library collections in the world
- the ability to directly influence the RCPE and medical training
through representation on the Trainees & Members’ Committee, and the Joint Royal Colleges of Physicians Training Board (JRCPTB)
If you would like to become a Student and Foundation Member please complete the online registration form, you must agree to the rules of Student and Foundation Membership before you can join.
Email: Student and Foundation Membership@rcpe.ac.uk
Alternatively, phone 0131 225 7324
or write to:
Student and Foundation Membership, Fellowship Support Unit
Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh,
9 Queen Street,